The Amy Van Andel Library & Community Center (ADA) is one year old! And what a wonderful year it has been.
Facts and figures (2021)...
62,793 total visitors (205 visitors per day on average)
- 121,246 items checked out (physical items only, doesn't count renewals). The average patron checked out 5 items per visit.
- The total retail value of all of those items was $2.25 million, and the average patron who checked out items saved $445.54 in 2021 by checking out library items instead of purchasing them.
- At the end of 2021, the branch had 23,913 physical items in its collection.
- 64 programs, with a total attendance of 1,562 (average of 24 attendees per program) *Note that programs didn't resume until June.
- 23 outreach events, with a total attendance of 3,592 (average of 156 attendees per event)
- 368 Summer Wonder completers
- 1,309 new library cards were issued to ADA patrons in 2021.
- 91% of those surveyed would recommend the ADA library to others.
- The branch houses Brody's Be Cafe, a business that employs adults with special needs.
Most popular titles checked out at ADA in 2021:
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
- Sooley by John Grisham
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
What people are saying...
“I don't know what I'd do without KDL. I save so much money by borrowing books instead of buying them. Very grateful for the new Amy [Van Andel] Branch in Ada. I have been waiting for it for 30 years.”
“The Ada Library is a state-of-the-art sight to behold.”
“I love the fact that Ada has a library now! My library use will be increasing since I live just a mile and a half away.”
“I already have recommended the Ada Library to my adult kids. One joined us during our visit. It's a beautiful space and the librarian was kind.”
“Good atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, great building.”