The KDL Bookmobile delivers information, ideas and excitement
The KDL Bookmobile brings library services to patrons in far or underserved communities, supports access to wide community resources and builds meaningful relationships that foster love for literacy and lifelong learning.
Meet the Bookmobile Team
Our four Bookmobile Operators are:
- Joyanne Huston-Swanson, Bookmobile Librarian and Scheduler
- Kelaine Mish, Bookmobile Librarian
- Kevin Kammeraad, Virtual Programming Specialist and Bookmobile Operator
- Sara Proaño, Community Engagement Manager
- Education: Storytimes, book talks, introduction to research databases, classroom library cards, virtual visits with Wimee, Moby or Sibly, etc.
- Senior services: Large-print collection, troubleshooting with technology, etc.
- Community stops: KDL Free library giveaways, information and referral to community resources, specialized programing, etc.
- Remote or underserved locations: Pick up materials that have been placed on hold, return checked-out materials, access to technology and Wi-Fi service, scanner and printing, etc.
- Multilingual and new American services: Introduction to library services, TBS translation technology, language learning databases, etc.
KDL Bookmobile patrons receive the same amazing service they have come to expect at KDL, including the ability to ask reference questions, request materials and apply for a library card.