Free Passes to Area Attractions
Kent District Library has partnered with area attractions to provide our patrons with access to complimentary guest passes to area museums and botanical gardens. More partnerships may be added over time.
KDL patrons ages 18 and above can use their library card to reserve free passes to attractions and experiences around the county. Cardholders can reserve passes online, print their passes and visit their attraction on the date they reserved.
Sign Up for a Library Card Online
- A patron must have a Kent District Library card to check out a guest pass. Card holders from other library districts are not eligible.
- For most museums and gardens, each pass entitles up to 6 people to visit the organization one time for free on the reserved date. Other membership benefits are not included.
- For performances, most offers provide 2 tickets for each pass. See offer descriptions for details.
- A patron can have up to two passes reserved at a time. Once a patron has used a pass, they will not be eligible to check out a pass to the same organization again during that same calendar year. They will, however, be able to check out a pass to another organization.
- A patron must check out a pass using the online reservation system by logging in with their library barcode number and PIN. Help is available at any KDL branch or by phone, email or chat.
- Registration is open for the current month plus the next two months. An additional month opens on the first day of each month. For example, on October 1, the month of December becomes available for registration.
- A patron must present the guest pass to the admissions desk at the participating organization. Some organizations require printed passes, which is indicated in the online reservation system.
- Passes cannot be renewed or exchanged. They are not transferable and cannot be resold. They have no cash value.
- Passes are valid only for the reserved date.
Michigan Activity Pass
Kent District Library patrons can print a pass to one of many state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas throughout the state. Some cultural partners offer complimentary or reduced price admission; others, discounts in their gift shop or other exclusive offers for MAP holders only. Each Michigan Activity Pass expires within one week from the date it is printed. To take advantage of this statewide initiative, visit the Michigan Activity Pass website.
Museums For All
Museums for All is a national initiative to encourage museum attendance among people of all backgrounds.
EBT/WIC cardholders qualify for a reduced admission rate of $2 per person for up to four people. This discount is available during normal operating hours, please show your EBT/WIC card at the admission desk.
Grand Rapids Art Museum
GRAM offers free admission to EBT cardholders and up to 3 guests. Please present your EBT card at the front desk to receive this offer.
Grand Rapids Children's Museum
EBT/WIC cardholders qualify for a reduced GRCM admission rate of $1.75 per person for up to twelve people. This discount is available during all normal operation hours, all you need to do is show your EBT/WIC card when purchasing admission.