We just added hundreds of Marvel-ous choices to Libby. Why add comic books to your TBR pile? Here's five reasons:
- Comics use a mix of written language and sequential images, so readers' minds are engaged differently than with traditional books.
- Because of the way a comic's text and images are processed by the brain, readers have better memory retention of the material than with images or words by themselves.
- Comic books use a lot of dialogue, which is especially valuable for English language learners. Matching the dialogue with the character's exaggerated facial expressions helps readers better understand how the words are being expressed.
- Readers who are intimidated by the length of a traditional book are more likely to engage with a comic book or graphic novel.
- Kent District Library has comic books and graphic novels for all ages and interests, so you'll definitely find something worthwhile to read!
Check out the Comic Books & Graphic Novels on Libby here.