Concerts for the Community
What are Concerts for the Community?
This program provides families who would otherwise not have access, due to financial barriers, an opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens. Each year, the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts brings performers from around the world to Meijer Gardens, creating a unique cultural and social experience. The series has grown in popularity but the experience is out of reach for many people, particularly those without the financial means or who experience other barriers to access. This is a particularly inspirational opportunity for school-age members of families with an interest in music, arts and the festive social experience of world-caliber summer concerts.
Concerts for the Community is sponsored by The Steve & Amy Van Andel Foundation in partnership with the Kent District Library and Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
Who is eligible and how are tickets allocated?
Non-profit organizations and schools can identify up to 14 people who are:
- Residents of Kent County
- Experiencing barriers to access, particularly financial
- Interested in music and culture
Priority will be awarded to families with school-age members who have an interest in music. Kent District Library will review the eligibility and award up to ten people with:
- Admission to one of the Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts
- $25 food voucher to use at concessions, excluding alcohol
- Transportation to and from the amphitheater
- Kent District Library card and personalized orientation to library services
- Voucher for use of a rental chair at the amphitheater
- General admission passes to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, redeemable for a visit on or before January 1, 2024.