The 2020 KDL Literary Libations gala took place online this year with nearly 300 guests joining the fun and excitement. A huge thank you to Centennial Securities for being our presenting sponsor, to our additional sponsors (listed below), everyone who contributed, Catherine Behrendt and the Honorary Committee. Despite the pandemic, we're very close to raising the same amount as last year, when the event was in-person. With your help, we can meet or beat last year in support of life-changing programs and services.
Your support helps us deliver programs and services like Men of Color Read, featured in the short video below.
Watch the entire gala again, or for the first time if you were not able to join us.
Or use the links below to watch portions of the gala.
Use these links to watch portions of the gala:
- Musical entertainment: Pour a glass of your favorite beverage or mix up some cocktails enjoyed by Hemingway and Faulkner (see program for a cocktail recipe card). Enjoy the entertainment provided by Laura Bennett and Friends.
- Welcome: Emcee Catherine Behrendt and Remarks by Jeff Wierenga from Centennial Securities (Presenting Sponsor)
- Men of Color Read
- Stephen Kiernan, guest author
- Liz Moore, guest author
- Alex Kotlowitz, guest author
- Lance Werner makes closing remarks
Stephen Kiernan, opens a new window, Universe of Two
Alex Kotlowitz, opens a new window, An American Summer
Liz Moore, opens a new window, Long Bright River
"Centennial Securities has been involved with Kent District Library's Literary Libations from the start and we couldn't be more pleased. The event is amazing, the people at KDL are great to work with and our employees and clients love it. It is fast becoming one of our most popular, client-friendly events. Now add to all that the wonderful work KDL can do with the dollars raised and you can see why Centennial Securities values this relationship."
Centennial Securities Company
2020 Hemingway Sponsors
- Kathy Barnett
- Paul and Cathy Boyer
- Constance and Jim Christenson
- Gail O. DeYoung
- Paul and Bridget Farr
- Bill and Mary Ford
- Donald and Laurie Gardner
- Tom and Sally Gleason
- Sandra Graham
- Katherine Gregg
- Scott and Gail Haebich
- Mike and Kathy Lloyd
- Bob and Linda Masselink
- Hank and Liesel Meijer
- Carol Muth
- Courtney Muth
- Craig and Barbara Paull
- George and Darcy Pawlowski
- Christine Pfennig
- Jay and Helen Smith
- Mark & Julie Strauss
- Susan Tully
- Steve & Amy Van Andel
- Ann Van Eerden
- Jon & Pamela Vander Ploeg
- Jane Everhart
- Bob Zylstra & Margaret Idema
- Fishbeck, Thompson Carr & Huber, Inc.
- Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC
- Friends of the Cascade Library
- Friends of the East Grand Rapids Library
- Friends of the Grandville Library
- Friends of the Kentwood Library
- Friends of the Plainfield Library
- Win and Kyle Irwin
- Meijer, Inc.
- Midwest Capital Advisors, LLC
- Midwest Tape/hoopla
- Miller Johnson
- Norris Perné & French Investment Counsel
- George & Darcy Pawlowski
- Universal Forest Products