Sora helps teachers and students tap into a collection of ebooks, audiobooks and more!
Sora is a reading app that enables students and teachers to use the digital collection at Kent District Library. If your school is an OverDrive partner, use Sora to access the school’s digital collection and connect with the KDL digital collection. Schools can choose which ebooks, audiobooks and read-alongs to offer to students.
The app is available on smartphones, tablets and desktops, enabling K-12 students to read for pleasure and as part of class lesson plans. It offers interactive and customizable features such as bookmarks, definitions, exportable notes and synced progress with achievement badges.
Teachers can conveniently incorporate Sora in lesson plans, adapting it for different classrooms and individual students. Sora is a powerful resource, helping teachers better understand student reading levels and progress.
- In addition to their school or district’s digital collection, Sora allows students to browse, search and borrow age-appropriate ebooks and audiobooks from their local public library.
- Sora also provides tools designed for students with reading disabilities, including a dyslexic font setting.
- Educators can access professional development ebooks and audiobooks on a variety of subjects through Sora.
- Schools may select titles from OverDrive Education’s industry-leading catalog. Popular fiction and non-fiction as well as reference materials, study guides and language learning are available.
- Students gain access using their student ID.
- Track reading statistics such as titles read and total reading time.
- Already in use at Forest Hills Public Schools and Kraft Meadows Middle School in Caledonia.