KDL’s Summer Wonder is for everyone — accept the challenge!
Complete the Summer Wonder Challenge by doing 30 days of any of the following activities between June 5 and Aug. 12.
- Read for 20 minutes or more. Choose from books, magazines, graphic novels, comics and more.
- Write a story, letter, journal entry or poem.
- Listen to an audiobook or have a book read to you.
- Do or explore something new (see our list of suggested activities below).
Track Your Activities, Win Prizes
Teens who complete Summer Wonder will receive a book (titles vary by branch). Adult completers will receive a picnic blanket, available while supplies last. All completers will automatically have a chance to win a special prize basket.
Summer Teen Events
Teen Zone | Button MakingJun 5th | 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Teen Zone | Nintendo Switch TournamentJun 5th | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Teen Paint & PopJun 6th | 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Teen ZoneJun 6th | 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Teen Zone | UnoJun 6th | 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Teen ZoneJun 7th | 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Summer Adult Events
Sit and StitchJun 6th | 1:00pm - 3:00pm
James Webb Space Telescope with Mike CortrightJun 6th | 6:30pm - 7:30pm
KDL Author Talks: Mike Rucker, Ph.D.Jun 7th | 4:00pm - 5:00pmOnline Event
Night Owls Book ClubJun 7th | 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Plainfield Book DiscussionJun 8th | 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Bingo HourJun 8th | 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Visit a KDL branch you haven’t been to before.
- Hike a nature trail. Check out kentcountyparks.org for suggestions.
- Practice a new language (Try Rosetta Stone or Mango).
- Recycle old magazines to create a vision board or dream journal. Check out your library’s book sale for materials.
- Create a photo tour of an outdoor space. Capture sights to share with others.
- Plant a native flower in your yard or in a pot to support pollinators.
- Write a story to tell around a campfire.
- Visit a partner organization from KDL PerkPass
- Clean and save recyclable materials to donate to school art projects.
- Try a mindfulness activity. Choose a flower or leaf. Concentrate on it and list every detail in your mind – texture, color, features, outline, smell.
- Attend a summer festival, parade or a KDL event.
- Start a journal. Check out a book or blog on different styles – bullet, art, dot, nature, travel, etc.
- Watercolor or fingerpaint!
- Watch a movie or listen to a Grammy-winning album. Browse Kanopy for movies or Freegal for music.
- Select a recommendation from our KDL Staff Picks.
- Play a new board, video or card game.
- Discover local music with KDL Vibes.
- Find support for your hobby or discover a new one.
- Try international cuisine at a local restaurant or check out a cookbook to try recipes from around the world.
- Make a card for or write a letter to someone you haven’t seen in a while.