Summer Wonder: Teens and Adults (ages 11+)
KDL’s Summer Wonder is for everyone — accept the challenge!
Complete Summer Wonder's 30-Day Challenge by doing 30 days of any of the following activities between June 1 and Aug. 7.
- Read for at least 20 minutes. Choose from books, magazines, graphic novels, comics and more.
- Write a story, letter, journal entry or poem.
- Listen to an audiobook or have a book read to you.
- Do or explore something new (see our list of suggested activities below).
Log Your Activities
Teens who complete Summer Wonder will receive a book (titles vary by branch). Adult completers will receive a beach bag tote, available while supplies last. All completers will automatically have a chance to win a special prize basket.
- Perform an act of kindness for someone.
- Plant a native flower in your yard or in a pot to support pollinators.
- Build a campfire (SAFELY) and cook a meal on it.
- Set up a bird feeder and observe what birds visit.
- Practice a new language (Try Rosetta Stone or Mango).
- Eat plant-based for a day.
- Visit a KDL branch you have never been to before (or haven’t seen in a while).
- Try a mindfulness activity, like meditation or a Zentangle.
- Send a home-made card to a relative.
- Select a recommendation from our KDL Staff Picks.
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook.
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood.
- Find a new recipe online and give it a try.
- Go stargazing at midnight.
- Repurpose an old item instead of throwing it away.
- Ask a friend for a craft idea, and make something together.