KDL’s Summer Wonder is for everyone — accept the challenge!
Teens who complete Summer Wonder will receive a book. Adult completers will receive a beach bag, available while supplies last. Adults will automatically become eligible for a chance to win a special prize basket.
Complete Summer Wonder's 30-Day Challenge by doing 30 days of any of the following activities between June 1 and Aug. 7.
- Read for at least 20 minutes. Choose from books, magazines, graphic novels, comics and more.
- Write a story, letter, journal entry or poem.
- Listen to an audiobook or have a book read to you.
- Do or explore something new (see our list of suggested activities below).
Log your activities online or in print:
- Perform an act of kindness for someone
- Plant a native flower in your yard, or in a pot, to support pollinators
- Build a campfire (SAFELY) and cook a meal on it
- Set up a bird feeder and observe what birds visit
- Practice a new language (Try Rosetta Stone or Mango)
- Eat plant-based for a day
- Visit a KDL branch you have never been to before (or haven’t seen in a while)
- Try a mindfulness activity, like meditation or a zentangle
- Send a home-made card to a relative
- Select a recommendation from our KDL Staff Picks
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood
- Find a new recipe online and give it a try
- Go star gazing at midnight
- Repurpose an old item instead of throwing it away
- Ask a friend for a craft idea, and make something together