Grab your smartphones and cameras and get ready for our KDL Teen Photo Challenge. Compose your best snapshots of subjects that fall into three categories — Water, Animals and Exploration of Color — and enter for a chance to win a $25 Meijer gift card. You may enter any or all three categories, starting October 9th.
See the Winning Photos (2022)
Rain, snow, ice, puddles, rivers or lakes! Make water the focus of your photo.
Critters of all shapes and sizes, fur, fins or feathers! Focus on any creature or creatures you like.
Exploration of Color
An element of art made up of three properties: hue, value and intensity.
Photos may not contain human subjects. All photos must be taken on or after October 1, 2023.
Judges reserve the right to recategorize any submission if deemed necessary.
Start taking photos
Sunday, Oct. 1, 2023
Monday, Oct. 9, 2023
Monday, Oct. 16, 2023, 11:59 PM
Public vote opens
Monday, Oct. 23, 2023, 1:00 PM
The link to the public vote becomes operational at 1 PM on Oct. 23. All entries are combined into one pool for the public vote. To vote, log into your Submittable account. You may only vote once during the voting period.
Public vote closes
Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2023, 1:00 PM
Photo challenge winners and popular vote winners announced
Friday, Oct. 27, 2023
Winners announced on the KDL Blog.
- Challenge is open to teens in grades 6-12 who are residents of Kent County, Michigan or attend a school in Kent County.
- Participant may submit one photo per category.
- Photos must be original works of participant. No logos/watermarks.
- Online submissions only. No hard photos accepted.
- JPG files only.
- Kent District Library reserves the non-exclusive right to use submitted photos at our discretion. By entering the contest, you understand that your photo may be used to promote and publicize future library programs.
- Photos may not contain human subjects.
- We will have awards in all three categories and public voting. There will be two winners in each category and two winners of the public vote, for a total of up to eight winners.