We want you to be up to speed on the privacy settings in our new catalog so you don't share anything you would rather not share.
Shelf Privacy Settings
- Titles added to your BiblioCommons account "shelves" are public by default, meaning they are visible to any other user. (This is to encourage sharing and discovery.)
- When a shelf item is private, it is only visible to the account holder, when logged in. No one else will see the item. Private items are indicated with a lock icon.
- If you import your lists from our previous catalog (available in early November), imported items are marked as Private.
- You can change your default shelf settings, so that new items will be private. (This doesn't change existing items, though.)
- Log in to your account.
- On the account menu, click My Settings, find the "Privacy" section, and then click Change next to "My Shelves."
- Change the shelf setting you want, and then click Save Changes.
- You can change the privacy settings of items already on a shelf.
- Click the Select check box at the top of the page to select every item on the page.
- At the bottom right of the page, click Manage items.
- Select Mark as private.