By Jaci Cooper, Director of Projects & Planning
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month!
At KDL, a library card gets you access to the traditional things from a library like books, movies, magazines, video games, music (even vinyl!) and computer use, but also:
- Ebooks and audiobooks (goodbye Audible subscription!) on our Overdrive / Libby app
- Instant borrows (no wait time!) of ebooks, audiobooks, full length albums, and movies on our hoopla app. I personally read or listen on my phone a lot when in the car, doing yard work, waiting at the doctor—- so you don’t even need a tablet!
- Free printing!
- Non-traditional items like WiFi hotspots, laptops, bicycles, go pros, booster packs with learning games and activities and more!
- Professional development courses on LinkedIn Learning
- Great databases and information for starting a business or legal services
- Language learning on Rosetta Stone and Mango
- One-time-use day passes, called a PerkPass, that you can check out to local museums and attractions
- Much more, including things you don’t even need a card for like wonderful storytimes and programs.
The library is one of the last places where we can simply exist and come together without the expectation of spending money every time you enter the door, and access to education (and entertainment!) is so so important. If you needed a nudge to finally get your card, consider this it!